Sunday, January 24, 2010

eHow UK Scam Censoring

As promised, a complete copy of messages and conversations I had with Rich, eHow's community manager, about the eHow UK scam and the fact that my posts asking about compensation were being deleted.

This is a direct copy and paste from a PM, so please read starting at the bottom to get the messages in order.

---- Tara Swadley wrote on Sunday Jan 24 2010 at 3:13 PM because he wanted
to ----

I know what I read. You do not want me bringing up the FACT that
you are erroneously deleting things. Got it. Will do.

---- Rich - eHow
Community Manager wrote on Sunday Jan 24 2010 at 3:10 PM because he wanted to
----

To: Tara Swadley
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your forum post


Now Tara... you know what I meant.

---- Tara Swadley wrote
on Sunday Jan 24 2010 at 2:59 PM because he wanted to ----

To: Rich -
eHow Community Manager
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Your forum post

I'm glad
you at least realize it's fact that you're erroneously deleting posts.

---- Rich - eHow Community Manager wrote on Sunday Jan 24 2010 at 2:51
PM because he wanted to ----

To: Tara Swadley
Subject: Re: Re: Your
forum post


Look Tara, ask the question, but do not bring up the fact
that I'm erroneously deleting posts. You've been with us for some time and you
know I like you being part of the community, however, I have my reasons, and in
my opinion you're creating unnecessary attention. This is my final warning. If
you don't agree, then I'm sorry, but it's part of my job to keep order on the
forums and if I need to put a penalty I will do so. Thank you for your
understanding.



Best,

Rich

---- Tara Swadley
wrote on Sunday Jan 24 2010 at 2:32 PM because he wanted to ----

To:
Rich - eHow Community Manager
Subject: Re: Your forum post

But you
DID delete my post without reason. Whether it was noted or not isn't important.
The fact is you're trying to censor those who want answers. That IS an abuse of
power and it's not damage control. It's stirring the pot.

I was
previously calm about this issue just waiting. That was my first question and it
was still calm. By deleting my calm question you're raising my ire to the same
level as those who were previously attacking you.

---- Rich - eHow
Community Manager wrote on Sunday Jan 24 2010 at 2:25 PM because he wanted to
----

To: Tara Swadley
Subject: Your forum post


Tara,

The forum post you made has been noted and there other posts similar to
what you have sated, but by bringing up the fact that I'm misuing my powers and
deleting forum posts without reason is not necessary and will be deleted. Once
again, please do not do this, or I will have to enforce a penalty against you.
Thank you for your understanding.



Best,

Rich





Rich is very set on silencing me when I want to mention either a lawsuit possibility or when I call him on the fact that he is erroneously deleting some messages (not all, but some that offer questions he - or the eHow legal team - doesn't like).

5 comments:

Kimberly White said...

Thanks for posting this, Tara. A blog has also been set up at http://ehowposttoast.wordpress.com for anyone who wants to publish their deleted forum posts in the comments.

Unknown said...

Wow, Tara. I can't believe all this is happening. I used to love eHow. Now it just seems to be a scam in the making.
Alina

Admin said...

Hey I linked to this article from my blog, I can't beleive he admitted to that. It just confirms my opinion of him not being very bright.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tara for speaking up! Every time some of us open our mouth the post is deleted. If Rich spent half as much time answering the questions as he did deleting posts we would get things done around there.

Kimberly White said...

@Posh, WTH??? All I can say is, this is Tara's blog, and I don't know her, but the fact that she would allow your comment to stand speaks volumes. Your mean comment makes you look bad, not Tara.