Thursday, March 21, 2013

Black Label Ads/Adbrite Shut Down

Wow, it's been a while since I've written on here, but I'm rather upset right now. Apparently Adbrite and Black Label Ads (same company owned both, one was adult ads the other was not) shut down in February 2013.

I just went to log in today because I could have sworn I was at payout in January 2013 but I never received a check. Well, surprise surprise, there is no site anymore. It's just a 404 error page.

I do a bit of looking about the web and low and behold, they announced the shut down and sent e-mails, but only some people got the e-mails. Others were as baffled as I about the sudden disappearance.

So now it's off to find another adult ad provider. Of course, I've now been sitting on a couple sites with no ads for a couple months (and never got paid my final payout, on top of that, and have no proof I earned it since the entire site is gone now).

Lesson learned. Log in bi-monthly, minimum, and take screenshots of your dashboard so you can file proof with the BBB if another ad company ever goes under.

0 comments: